Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today's craft show and random soap thoughts

I have been making soap for a while now, doing a lot of shows every season, and I am always suprised about which of my products are hits or misses.  Today at the 17th Annual Swansea Craft Show, it seemed to be my gift bags with guest lotion and two guest soaps.  Hard Candy, as usual was a hit.  Overall, for our first time being there, it was a great day with good peeps.

I have been thinking about making swirls in my soaps lately.  I have done so before, but sometimes it just doesn't come out as pretty as other soapers.  Plus, I recently got this fantastic new mold (Willow Way soap equipment) that I think will be really conducive to making swirls as it is deep, as opposed to my long wooden molds (which I love just as much because my awsome husband has been making them for me).  I think I will give it a go with my Sakura soap - after I finish making more gift baskets.  Our next show is on November 26 at the Rose Theater in Brampton.  Pictures of swirled soap to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment